The Early Learning Principal Instructional Coaching Program (ELPIC) is a grant-funded program through the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The two-year project has as its primary goal the development of competent instructional leaders that are committed to instructional coaching and professional learning communities to leverage change in PreK-4 learning environments. The mechanism for change is a modified Instructional Coaching Framework with a focus on PreK-4 learning. The model will allow principals to foster teachers’ coaching and teaching skills to build professional capacity across their learning communities.
The goals of the Early Learning Principal Instructional Coaching Program (ELPIC) are to:
- Build institutional partnerships between IHEs and LEAs to support both preservice and post-licensure principal development in PreK-4 environments.
- Support preservice and post-licensure principals as they:
- Develop effective coaching strategies for PreK-4 teachers to ensure a continuum of developmentally appropriate practice in their schools
- Utilize professional learning communities to leverage change in their schools.
- Build the capacity of preservice and post-licensure principals to increase teachers’ instructional performance across the PreK-8 learning experience.
- Institutionalize sustained change among regional IHE and LEA partners around principal development.
ELPIC Advisory Council
- Jacqueline Barnhart
Director of Child Care
Hatboro-Horsham School District
PHLPreK Intermediary Director
Public Health Management Corporation
- Donna Gaffney, Ed.D
Director of Professional Learning
Montgomery County IU
Director of Quality Initiatives
Early Childhood Education
Public Health Management
- Steve Glaize
Hallowell Elementary School
Maria Schwab, Ed.D
Educational Policy and Leadership
- Harry Gutelius, Ed.D
Doctoral Program Coordinator
College of Education
Jade Wallace, Ed.D.
Workforce Development Coordinator
Philadelphia Pre-K Initiative
Mayor’s Office of Education
- Carol Pate, Ed.D
She’s It, LLC
Mary Williams, Ed.D
Professor of Education
La Salle University
- Carole Hoy, Ed.D.
Bridgeport Elementary School